The Staten Island Libertarian Party (SILP) held its second annual convention last Thursday evening, August 4th
The Libertarian Party of New York (LPNY), our state affiliate, will hold its Annual Convention on April 30th. Get your registration in before prices go up April 10th.
See details below:
39th Annual State Convention
Saturday, April 30th
Lily Flanagan’s Pub
345 Deer Park Avenue
Babylon, New York
Mere steps from the LIRR Station
Send a check to:
SCLO, PO Box 728, Bellport, NY 11713
Please include proper amount and indicate the package you are purchasing:
Registration @ 9AM Contn’tl Breakfast with lunch Package*
Business Meeting 10 – 12 noon @ no charge
VIP Speakers table – $80 by 10 Apr, $100 after
Food/Speakers Package* – $60 by 10 Apr, $80 after
Speakers only [no food] – $30 by 10 Apr, $50 after
Buffet Luncheon includes one of three entrees: chicken, beef, or fish, which will be chosen the day of event.
Bill Redpath – former Chair of the Libertarian National Committee and current Treasurer
Danny Panzella – OPT OUT Alliance, Libertarian candidate for Assembly on Staten Island
Warren Redlich – LPNY 2010 Gubernatorial candidate
Gigi Bowman – Campaign for Liberty New York State Coordinator
Peter Nichols – 2010 Huntington Town Supervisor candidate
Masood Manoochehri – Students for Liberty: “The New Libertarian Generation”
George Marlin – “NY’s Financial Treadmill to Oblivion”
Schedule of Events
10am – 12pm – BUSINESS MEETING
12pm – 1pm – Lunch
1pm – Speakers
Immediately following conclusion of convention the LPNY State Committee
will convene in the Pub (on 1st floor)
Agenda for the Annual Convention
The following initial agenda is set for our first Annual Convention:
- Identify all those present as members in good standing with the Libertarian Party of New York (LPNY).
- Nominate and elect officers: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Vote to approve and/or amend the Chapter By-Laws.
- Nominate and elect a representative to represent the SILP at the state party level.
If you plan on attending the Annual Convention, please notify us!
To be a member of the SILP
To be a member in good standing, you must be a member of the LPNY. Membership in the LPNY requires that you have paid party dues ($25) on or after Sept 1, 2009.
- Those who are already members of the LPNY should notify the SILP via email so we can add them to our member list. Please include your full name and the approximate date that your dues were paid.
- Those who are not members of the LPNY must first join the State party prior to submitting their name to the party. Joining requires paying dues $25 (annual). You can join the LPNY via an online form or via the mail. Once you join, please notify us as described above.